BaseLine- BL-5315B - BaseLine Soil Moisture Sensors
Baseline’s biSensor™ soil moisture sensors, you can create healthier landscapes and save time, money, and water in the process. Baseline’s biSensor soil moisture sensors use patented technology to water better than any other technology on the market and biSensors save money because they reduce water usage—up to 62 percent or more over traditional irrigation methods. They automatically self-adjust with the season, which means fewer trips to the field to adjust your irrigation controllers. Simply put, you’ll love the results in your landscape and the savings of time, water, and money.
Sensitivity. The biSensor is capable of measuring volumetric soil moisture changes of less than 0.1 percent. biSensors are a powerful tool for natural and engineered soils alike.
Repeatability. Always get the right reading, regardless of changes in soil salinity or other factors. biSensors give you unmatched confidence in your irrigation system.
Accuracy. Soil moisture readings are within ± 3 percent of the actual volumetric soil moisture content. biSensors allow for the best possible irrigation decisions from an irrigation controller.
Durability. The biSensor has a rugged design that will stand up to the toughest conditions. biSensors will give you year after year of dependable service for your irrigation system.
A Thermostat for your Landscape
Baseline’s biSensors are as effective at irrigating your landscape as a thermostat is at keeping your home a comfortable temperature. biSensors measure soil moisture levels where it matters, in the root zone of the plant.
How it Works
Baseline Soil Moisture Sensors work by sending a high-frequency pulse of electricity down an embedded wire path. The high frequency of the pulse causes the sphere of influence to move outside the sensor blade and into the soil around it. When the pulse travels through moisture, it slows down. The sensor measures the speed, and then converts this measurement to a moisture content reading.
- Accurately measures soil moisture using patented modified TDT technology
- Self-calibrates to all soil types and conditions
- Soil moisture readings are within ±3% of the actual volumetric soil moisture content
- Measurement ranges from 5% moisture to fully saturated soil
- Capable of measuring changes of less than 0.1%
- Measures soil temperature
- Moisture readings are consistent in salty conditions
- Sensor is completely sealed – no electrical contact with soil eliminates any electrostatic degradation or Galvanic corrosion of the sensing element
- Power surge resistant
- Shock resistant
- Not affected by salts or fertilizers
- Provides automatic and continuous measurements of soil moisture and soil temperature
- Has true two-way communication using a 9-byte packet for commands and replies
- Capable of self-identifying to the two-wire controller and will report pre-configured unique serial numbers
- Has one pre-assigned serial number
- Has standard error collision detections and will resend messages on the two-wire