- All bronze body for durability
- One check valve and an air opening port inone assembly.
- Lightweight poppet seals air opening under minimum flow conditions.
- Simple service procedures. All internal parts serviceable in line from the top of the unit.
- Designed for minimum head loss.
- Engineered plastic bonnet protect valve bodies from freeze damage.
- Optional union end ball valves for easy removal and ultimate freeze protection.
- End Connections – NPT ANSI/ASME B1.20.1
Pressure Vacuum Breaker assemblies shall be installed to withstand pressure forlong periods and to prevent backflow of contaminated water into the potable watersystem in backsiphonage conditions. The Pressure Vacuum Breaker assembly shallconsist of a single spring loaded check valve which closes tightly when water flowthrough the assembly drops to zero, and a single air relief valve that opens to breakthe siphon when pressure drops to 1psi. The assembly shall include two resilientseated shut-offs and two resilient seated test cocks, considered integral to theassembly. Assemblies must be factory backflow tested. The check valve and air inletvalve must be constructed to allow in-line servicing of the assembly. The valve bodyshall be constructed of bronze. The check, poppet and bonnet assembly shall beconstructed of engineered plastic to protect the valve body from freeze damage. Materials
Pressure Vacuum Breaker assemblies shall be installed a minimum of12" (300mm) above the highest downstream outlet, and the highest point in thedownstream piping. The assembly shall be rated to 150psi working pressure andwater temperature from 32°F to 140°F. The assembly shall meet the specificationsof the USC FCCC & HR Manual.
Pressure Vacuum Breaker assemblies shall be FEBCO Series 765 or prior approvedequal.
Pressure – Temperature
- Main Valve Body: Bronze
- Elastomers: Nitrile
- Max. Working Pressure: 150psi (10.3 bar)
- Hydrostatic Test Press: 300psi (20.7 bar)
- Temperature Range: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
Approvals – Standards
- Union End Ball Valves
- Bronze Bonnet, 11⁄2" & 2" (40 & 50mm)
- Approved by the Foundation for Cross-Connection Controland Hydraulic Research at the University of SouthernCalifornia